Sunday, May 16, 2010

Key Lime Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcake
with a Graham Cracker Topping
filled with Lime Curd
and Topped with Cream Cheese Icing

I started out with a regular Vanilla Cupcake batter & made a Graham Cracker Topping (Faux Crust) out of graham cracker crumbs, butter & brown sugar. I topped the raw cupcakes with what I had thought was a decent amount of the Graham cracker mixture.

Before

After

As the cupcakes baked, the topping spread out and was not as crunchy as I thought it would have been. Solution for next time: fill the cups less & add more topping.

After the cupcakes were baked and cooling, I made a batch of Lime Curd.

I cooled the lime curd, transferred it to a piping bag and filled the cupcakes.

After they were filled, I made a basic cream cheese icing with a light green tint, and piped the icing onto the cupcake.


Side Note: Overall... For a trial run, these cupcakes were very good. Can't wait to make them again to perfect the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment